Lutheran High School is starting a new tradition – the Wall of Fame! Each year’s inductees will be honored at Lutheran High School’s Homecoming and recognized on a wall in Lutheran High School.
School Board members with ten of more years of service: Colleen Brewer, Dan Clark, Mark Elmshauser, Robert Fischer, Ron Hodel, Emil Krause, August Krenz, Howard Lowann, John Paulus, David Peterson, and Ed Scott.
Reverend Julius Clausen
The original 2000-2001 staff of Lutheran High School of the Rockies.
Dr. Norman Brinkman Founding principal of Lutheran High School in Denver
The 40+ Club (over 40 years of service to Lutheran High School)
Dr. Lyle Schaefer, Mr. Warren Kettner, Mr. Henry Hermann, and Mr. Ron Brandhorst Having served at Lutheran High School in Denver for over 40 years.
– Dr. Norman Brinkman: In 1953, Dr. Brinkman accepted the challenge of starting Lutheran High School in Denver, Colorado on a farm property at 3201 W Arizona Ave. During his 24 years at LHS (1953 to 1977), he saw the school grow from humble beginnings into an accredited institution with a wide range of highly respected programs for which he frequently said "to God be all the glory." Denver Lutheran’s football field was appropriately named “Brinkman Field.” Because of the solid foundation that Dr. Brinkman laid at Denver Lutheran High School, the Colorado Lutheran High School Association was able to later branch out and start a second high school in Parker. Dr. Norman H Brinkman, founding Lutheran high school principal, died in the Lord at age 86 following a short illness.
– Dr. Lyle Schaefer: Doc Schaefer joined the Lutheran High School faculty in the fall of 1957 and served the school through 2000. He served as an instructor in the social studies and English departments. He served faithfully as the school statistician and was the primary historian for Lutheran High School. To this day, Doc remembers everything about Lutheran High School.
– Mr. Henry Hermann: Hank Hermann served Lutheran High School from 1959 to 1999 as a theology, German, and driver’s education instructor. He also guided the production of the Lantern, the school’s yearbook. Mr. Hermann served as the school’s principal during the 1986-1987 school year. Many students remember the summer trips to Europe that Mr. Hermann led.
– Mr. Warren Kettner: Warren Kettner also joined the staff at Lutheran High School in 1959, serving primarily in the social studies department. Coach Kettner was the head baseball coach for many years, and the baseball field at the Denver campus was named “Kettner Field” in honor of him. He served the school in various capacities after retirement until the closure of the Denver campus in 2011. Most recently he can be remembered aboard his mower, faithfully taking care of the Denver campus grounds.
– Mr. Ron Brandhorst: Ron Brandhorst came on board at Lutheran High School in 1966 and retired in 2009. It is widely rumored that he taught every class ever offered at Lutheran High, but served primarily in the science department. He also coached football and track. Loved by students and fellow packrats, Ron has become a key contributor in connecting with DLHS alumni on Facebook.