Worship Class Message: Jesus - the same yesterday, today, and forever
Check out the Worship Class' first chapel message of the 2019-2020 school year. They remind us that Jesus is the same today, tomorrow, and forever.
BY Chris Loesel
Now I know a lot of you are scared with starting the new school year. For some of you, it’s your freshman year and you’re gonna be here for the next four years. You know, I remember my first day in this town...
Think of your first day of school, whether that was 2 weeks ago or 2 years ago, we probably have some unique emotions tied to that day. Whether it was excitement or anxiety, new beginnings always leave us with a mix of emotions. Even though there are new beginnings happening and lots of change, we know that God’s love for you is constant no matter what is happening.
This week, the worship class took a look at Hebrews 13:8. This is a verse we can go to for comfort amidst the excitement and chaos of life changes and is particularly appropriate as we start a new school year.
Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Jesus was the same yesterday
Whether you wish you could go back to it or you have grown/ learned from it, God was working in the moments of our past. Sometimes it’s easy to go back and see how God was working. Sometimes you wish you could go back. Through all our past valleys and mountains God was with you and is working all things good and making new beginnings with love and with a purpose.
Jesus Christ is the same today
He cares about you individually. He knows everything that’s happening to you today, August 30, 2019. Every fear, every praise, every heartbreak, and every moment in between, He’s holding you in the palm of his hand (Isaiah 41:10). He always has been, always will be, and is right now. He loves you and every intricate detail of your heart.
Jesus Christ is the same forever
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior, the next couple years are going to be filled with lots of life changes.
- Jesus's love is the same, never changes no matter how much life does.
- “In the highlands and the heartache all the same," “No less God within the shadows, no less faithful when the night leads me astray”
- When you leave for college, the standards will change. When you graduate college, standards will change. Society’s standards/love for you are always changing, but God’s love never changes and you are always loved in his eyes despite the mistakes you make.
- He will never change but His love changes everything.
- Jesus wants a future with you; no matter what your past has looked like.
- When He says forever, we know that He will be with us forever even into eternity in heaven with him someday.
Suggested worship listening
Dear Class of 2022 – Our Advice to Seniors
Proverbs 12:15 says, “The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.” Class of 2022, this advice is for you! We will miss you!
10 Traits of Impactful Christian Teachers
What traits should you look for in Christian-school teachers? Here are 10 examples of things we find important.