2022 Upcoming Admissions Events
One of the easiest ways to learn about LuHi is to attend one of our admissions events throughout the year. See what events are coming up here!
BY Hannah Buchholz
We love having prospective families on campus. That's why we offer various on-campus events throughout the school year! Our goal in every interaction in the admissions office is to help families:
- Get their questions answered
- Find out if Lutheran High is the right fit for their family
- Learn about our culture, core values, and mission
- Understand the admissions and tuition assistance process
- Get resources about our academic, athletic, performing arts, and extracurricular opportunities for students
Even with common goals, each admissions event is a little different so we'll break them down here:
Shadow Days Begin September 9th
Any eighth-grader considering attending LuHi should sign up for a shadow day! You'll get to follow a LuHi Student Ambassador through a typical school day and see what LuHi is really like on the inside. You'll meet teachers, get the scoop from current students, see the classrooms and facilities, and experience the LuHi culture. It's also a great opportunity to think through what you are looking for in a school. In our experience, shadows are one of the most solidifying experiences, one way or the other. Students leave the day with a good sense of whether they want to attend LuHi next fall or not - and we think that's invaluable!
You can schedule a shadow day on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday when school is in session. Alternatively, you can book a personal tour with an admissions counselor any weekday when school is in session.
New this year: If you are a current high school student considering transferring to LuHi, you must submit an application prior to your shadow day.
7th & 8th Grade Preview Day: September 23rd
This event is just for seventh and eighth-grade students and their parents. Preview Day is all about getting comfortable with high school. You'll meet future classmates, coaches, and teachers while being immersed in the LuHi culture. There are breakout sessions to learn more about LuHi performing arts, athletics, academics, and clubs. Preview Day is designed to be fun, energetic, and engaging for everyone.
Parents, while your student is exploring LuHi, you will have a special Q&A session with our Executive Director Dan Gehrke. RSVP for Preview Day here.
Fall Open House: October 24th
LuHi offers two Open Houses each year, one in the fall and the other in the spring. We've designed our annual Fall Open House to be an accessible, informal event for families to meet our staff and see our campus. Every teacher attends so that you can ask questions about each class, department and club. The evening starts with a welcome and short message from Executive Director Dan Gehrke before families are sent out to explore the school and talk to teachers. You'll also get to meet current families and hear about their personal experiences with LuHi, which is invaluable information that will serve you well as you make your high school decision.
Although you're not required to register for the Open House, we'd love to know if you're coming so we can give you a rousing LuHi Lion welcome! RSVP here.
Q&A with Dan Gehrke, Executive Director: November 10th
If you missed the Q&A with Dan during Preview Day, we encourage you to mark your calendars for this event. In true Ask Me Anything style, Dan answers questions from prospective families about anything they want more information on, including:
- Future vision and growth plans for the school
- LuHi core values
- How LuHi culture lines up against other schools
- If paying for private ed is worth it
- What it means to be a Christian school and teach from a biblical worldview
- Metrics that demonstrate how well LuHi is preparing students for college and life after high school
The 2022 Admissions Process
While the bones of the LuHi Application Process look similar to past years, there are a few changes to note for this year's application. You can learn more details on the Admissions Requirements page, but we'll outline a few here:
- Application Opens September 1st (completed online)
- Tuition Assistance Application Opens September 15 (completed online)
- Specify your HSPT test date of choice within the application
- An interview is part of the transfer student application process
- The Early Application Deadline is December 1st - this means students who apply by December 1st will receive their admissions status via mail on or by December 31st.
- Tuition Assistance Applications are due by April 15
- Enrollment information is sent out to accepted families in mid-February
A note about Tuition Assistance
We want every family who wants to attend LuHi to get the opportunity to do so! We understand tuition costs can be intimidating and even a turn-off for some families. To those families, we encourage you to apply for tuition assistance early to learn your amount (the process takes about a month) and make the best decision for your family armed with information. If you have any questions about the tuition assistance process, please ask! Our Admissions Office is happy to help or point you in the right direction.
We hope to see you at one or more of our admissions events this year! For more information about how to apply for LuHi, please visit https://www.lhsparker.org/admissions.
Coach Duitsman achieves 200+ wins
The LuHi Athletics program is excited to announce head girls basketball coach Mark Duitsman achieved his 200th win of his career this season.
Spotlight on Track & Field — Training for Excellence
Student athletes are breaking records and turning out champion performances every year.